SIGNAL BOX, BIRD HIDE & VIEWING PLATFORM

There was a signal box on this site from 1921. After its closure in 1973, the lever frame was donated to the NVR for their Orton Mere signal box. Volunteers Peter Nunn, Elvin Edis and Sean Chaffe designed and built the new Signal Box to current specifications with a new purpose - A Bird Hide and Viewing Platform with the help of Perkins Engines, A1 Steel Limited, Yorkshire Building Society, BGL Group, RailcamUK and Andrews Building Supplies.