If you are interested in volunteering at Railworld and would like to be part of this exciting, ambitious environmental project for our City of Peterborough - Maybe you would like to know more - Please email Brian on - [email protected] or phone 01733 344240 on our opening days.
Here are some of the wonderful opportunities available to you:
- Front of House Team - Urgent Demand - Training Given.Meet new people; provide an exceptional customer service to all visitors to Railworld, one which adds to their enjoyment of the visitor experience. This role involves taking admission fees and shop sales, provide light refreshments and information. Role is required during opening hours.
- GardenerDo you love the outdoors? Do you have green fingers? Railworld's wildlife haven is the place for you! The haven is a tranquil place to enjoy a picnic. In a stunning picturesque setting, with a wide range of flora and fauna, this encourages a host of wildlife to set up home.
- Model Railway Operator - Urgent Demand - Training Given.Railworld has a superb model railway layout and we are looking for operators to drive the trains and maintain the layout for our visitor's enjoyment. Operators are required during Railworld's open season and to improve the layout in the closed season.
- MaintenanceHandy with a hammer!!! Be part of the building blocks of a better centre and better environment. We have jobs involving decorating, fixing doors, making tables and stands, metal work and so much more.
- Curatorial AssistantDelve into the past of some interesting objects and interpret for visitors. Maintaining, recording and caring for the objects are a responsibility for Railworld, working on improving its documentation and caring procedures.
- Admin AssistantAssist with the running of the Railworld office, with filing, answering telephone, taking messages, sending emails and letters.
- Wildlife Co-ordinatorAssist with the management of the wildlife haven, through survey and habitat creation.
All necessary training will be given.