The repurposing of the
Abbots Ripton Victorian Aqueducts
These redundant aqueducts built by the Great Northern Railway in the 1840’s were crucial in creating the overall design of the Railworld Wildlife Haven. The three section were donated by British Rail and in 1998 the volunteers won the UK ICI/Dulux Environmental Teamwork Award! This resulted in the 18th Century ironwork being repurposed for walkways within the haven when they were shot blasted and restored using best Dulux Paint!